Adventures in Ecuador

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, March 26, 2007

I need a tshirt like this...how awesome that they´ve printed a Star Wars shirt in Spanish pronunciation?!? (yes, that´s how it´s pronounced here) (No, I have nothing better to do but to take pictures of random people´s tshirts.) So, I actually have been semi-productive. The General Consul of the US visited Loja last week (he lives in Guayaquil) and had a round table discussion with my jovenes. It went really well, despite one random girl showing up and trying to attack him on the US´s trade policies. The rest of my kids had a great time, and hopefully have a better image of the US. And, maybe they´ll believe him that I´m not a spy.


Dayana, a friend of mine, came in to teach my girls some makeup tips...I learned a lot, too! Not that I wear makeup here very often...

Other than that, life´s good... I´ve been doing some HIV-AIDS forums with my Red Cross youth group at some of the colegios (high schools) in town. I have become an ¨expert¨ in a lot of unexpected topics since arriving here. Loja will be getting 6 new volunteers in the April group, and they came to visit last week. It´s awesome to have some new faces down here, but I will still miss the people who are leaving ya mismo (soon).

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Awesome T-shirt!!! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home