Adventures in Ecuador

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

This country never ceases to entertain me...

Sight of the day: A woman with a pink tank top and white pants. Except, her tank top was tucked into her pants, which were buttoned, but not zipped, and pulled up to her ¨empire-waist¨ line (right below her bust). It was quite the fashion statement. I´m pretty sure that I never want to say whatever it was that she was trying to say.

I made cookies with my kids yesterday and today...you´d think I was teaching them how to make gold! They had never made cookies before, so it was quite the experience for them. They listen so much better when I can threaten them with withholding food.

Not much else going on. Lots of rain this week. Maybe that means I can take a shower without it being ice cold because there isn´t enough to get the hot water heater to click on. It usually switches back and forth, which makes for quite the pleasant showering experience. If I shower at 1 a.m. when no one else is awake I can usually take a full, hot shower. Daytime showers just don´t happen anymore. I think I´ll use that as my excuse for not running...

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

I think you should really try that woman's "look" sometime. You're supposed to assimilate into the culture, aren't you? :)

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Ericka and I leave for Ecuador in june with the PC. I love your site! It is extremely helpful to hear about the everyday things. I hope you are having a great time and thanks for sharing your experiences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home