Adventures in Ecuador

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Two weeks down...102 to go!

So I´ve been in Loja for 2 weeks now, and things are going pretty well. September 8 was the festival of the Virgen del Cisne, which involved a lot of fireworks that frequently fell into the crowd (or shot straight into the crowd), which gave the show a whole new twist...you don´t watch for enjoyment; you watch to not get burned. It´s been nice to be able to cook for myself...there has been quite a bit of salsa involved, and no rice. :) My kids at the center have their good and bad days, but I´ll hopefully get used to working with kids (age 5-11), which is definitely NOT my forte. In the afternoons I work with a youth group, which is a lot of fun. We started an Engligh class on Tuesdays, which is a nice way to get to hang out with them without trying to be accomplishing something in a meeting (though the goal is still to teach them English, as well). Um, yeah, not much else going on here. I found a great running trail, which makes me happy, and a fun resort town about 40 min away where I can get an awesome shower and a massage (not together). Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home